Review: La Femme Blushes + Swatches!

Friday, July 24, 2015



Hi everyone! Hope you all are well today!

I wanted to talk about these blushes today since I have been OBSESSED with them and I just needed to share it with you all!! These blushes are known to be highly pigmented and very long wearing so I went ahead and put them to the test for 3 weeks and I was baffled by what I found. these blushes are AMAZING. Firstly, I was blown away by the pigmentation of these blushes - one swatch looks like I touched wet paint. It is soooooooooooooo saturated with color! That may scare some of you but that only means that you should use a very light hand when using these blushes. I also suggest using a duo fiber blush brush so that it wont pick up as much product but rather just a wash of color on the cheeks. For being extremely pigmented, I was surprised with how easy it was to blend this product into the skin. I was expecting a bit of resistance but instead, I was met with ease in blendability. Another great thing about being highly pigmented is the fact that you don't have to use as much product which means.....this baby will last you AGES! No need for re-applying either as these blushes stay on ALL DAY! - that's coming from someone who is an OIL BALL by the way. I was sooo amazed with how well this blush stayed on the skin and it kept its true color and did not oxidize at all throughout the day! Oh....did I mention that these blushes were just $3.50!!!!!! I know right!!!

      To sum it up...

VERY pigmented ✅          Easy to blend ✅


        Long wearing ✅             Super affordable ✅


Now let's jump to the swatches! I got eight of these blushes and I'm just gonna swatch in no particular order:

The first one we have here is called Golden Ruby. I would describe this color as a deep magenta pink with silver shimmer. It's absolutely gorgeous on deeper skin tones because of how richly pigmented and bold it is BUUUUUUT.... if you have a more fair complexion - don't be put off by this blush. truly believe anyone can pull of any blush with the right attitude and application! Use a duo fiber brush and a very light hand when applying this color to compliment your skin tone!



The next blush is called Russet....my God this blush is STUNNING!! it is suuuchh a unique color which is the reason why I got attracted to it. It's a very deep and warm brick red with a lot of burnt orange in it! I just think this blush is amazing - I have never seen any other blush that is even remotely similar to this color! I have to warn you...these blushes are pigmented already but this color in particular is even MORE pigmented than the rest. So use a very very light hand and just build up the color rather than begin with a heavy layer



Here we have Peach Sparkle. This is a very bright pastel peach with golden shimmer
I have been on the hunt for the perfect bright peach blush and I wasn't able to find any for aaaggeesss. "peach blushes" are usually peach-pink, orange or the color doesn't show up on me. That's why I was ecstatic when I found this blush because it's the PERFECT peach blush! it's not too warm, not too light, it actually shows up on the cheeks and it maintains that pastel color on the cheeks! Ultimately, I would just describe it as a happy color haha! Seriously it puts a smile on my face every time I catch myself in the mirror. The color is just too fun and bright!



The next color we have here is in Grape. This is quite simply a grape color hah! It's like a muted medium purple with blue glitters and a very very fine silver shimmer. It is a stunning color especially during the colder months! It gives off a natural look on the skin when blended flawlessly



This one here is in Stormy Rose.....oh my God I am INLOVE with this color!!!! It is the perfect pastel lilac!!! I am so obsessed with pastel colors lately and I reeeaallly want to get more since the two pastel blushes I got turned out AMAZING!!! seriously so impressed with how these blushes maintain their pastel feature!! This was a wild card choice for me since I don't have ANYTHING that is lilac. Not even in my house or my clothes - just nothing! But luckily this color turned out amazing!! To me, it just screams out SPRING!! This color is just so fun, vibrant and happy!!



Next up is Mauve! This is a medium pink shade that is completely matte! I think it's the only matte color I picked up actually! The rest is either shimmery or has a sheen. This is a great everyday natural blush. It is such a universal color and can be worn easily with little to no effort!



Admittedly, this one is my FAVORITE and is the most used one out of all the blushes! It's called Dusty Rose. This is a very shimmery and very warm peachy-pink blush with a lot of brown (?) into it. I really don't know how to accurately describe this shade because although it is a wearable and warmer color, it is still very unique. It adds the most beautiful flush of color onto the cheeks - giving the cheeks a naturally sun kissed flush. It's a very elegant and natural color and the shimmer in it is so fine that your cheeks just look like its naturally supple and glowing. Ahhh i can go on and on about this color but just trust me when I say... YOU NEED THIS IN YOUR LIFE!!!



Last but definitely not the least is Pink Velvet. This color is the definition of BARBIE PINK. It is sooooo bright and super vibrant that I am so scared of wearing it!! This color needs more warming up for me. I am not 100% convinced with this one ON ME, but on others it looks absolutely stunning!!! Women of color in particular can rock this color effortlessly and I envy that so much!!!



If it's not obvious already, I highly highly recommend these blushes! They are such high quality -  saturated with color, easy to blend and stays on all day!! For just $3.50 how can you honestly go wrong? I am just amazed with these blushes and I'm already looking for more shades to purchase!!!

Let me know in the comments below if you own some of these blushes and what colors you guys would recommend for me to try out!! My wallet's gonna hate me but I have zero self control so might as well! haha!

Thank you so much for reading!!!xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground