Blog Ideas - Sharing My Experiences and Struggles as a New Muslim Convert

Thursday, October 22, 2015



As-salamu Alaikum everyone!!!

So happy to be back to blogging!!! I'm gonna be honest with you all, I've been really really de-motivated with this blog because I was lacking inspiration regarding what to post! I've been working hard to create new content on youtube three times a week and daily posts on instagram so I ended up reaaaaaaaaalllyy neglecting this blog :(

I've been trying to think of a way to make this blog a more interesting and welcoming space because originally, I just made it to accompany my videos on youtube. It got really boring for me because the content was repetitive.

Lately, I've been getting A LOT of people messaging me and opening up to me about their struggles and interest in Islam. As a new convert, I can completely relate to the struggle of leaving a religion you were brought up in and feeling bittersweet about finding a new religion. I say "bittersweet" because it was liberating to learn about Islam and apply it to my life BUT at the time, I also felt extreeeeeeeeeeeeemmmeelly guilty because I knew I was going against what my family taught me. I thought this blog can be a great place to talk about my experiences as a new convert and share the story of others.

It's hard to make a video every time I feel inspired to speak about certain topics as I always want to put my best foot forward and create great content for you guys. I don't want to just wing it and look back and realize I got off topic, forgot to mention important points and look like a mess. Contrary to what some may think, I actually don't wear makeup all the time - if you follow me on snapchat you'd know I literally live in my pajamas and lounge around with a bare face. Setting up the camera, filming and editing is also an extremely strenuous process and it kinda takes the passion out sometimes because of how dragged out it can get. By having this blog, I can express my passion in the heat of the moment and not worry about whether I look presentable, if I have enough battery on my camera or if the lighting is balanced in the video! I can just sit down, write up my thoughts and share them with you guys!

Anyways, I thought I would just make this little post to update you guys on my plans for this blog! I will of course continue with my beauty reviews as I am still 100% passionate about everything beauty related! I actually have a lot of amazing new products I want to share with you guys! I just thought it would be nice to also open up a little more and share my experiences and struggles with you guys to keep things real!

Thank you for reading xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground